In the present time, when it comes to birth control methods, women have got a number of options to choose from. Among all the methods available, birth control pills and tubectomy are the most preferred options.
Nevertheless, today’s women are more inclined towards a new option, and it is known as NuvaRing.
So, what a NuvaRing is? Well,
it is a contraceptive vaginal ring which contains two types of hormones – estrogen and progestin.
The term NuvaRing is actually a trademark and is manufactured by a reputed drug company.
Now, you might be thinking about NuvaRing how to use. Thankfully, it is really easy to use and does not cost too much.
All you need to do is insert the contraceptive ring inside your vagina for up to three weeks.
During those three weeks, the ring releases two types of hormones that stop your ovaries from creating mature eggs. Contraceptive pills also contain the same hormones which we have mentioned above, and they also work in the same way.
Once the ring gets inside your vagina, it releases the hormones and lowers down the chances of getting pregnant by up to 99 percent.
Infertility Causes and Risk Factors
Have you ever thought about the reasons that cause infertility in women or what are some infertility causes?
Well, there can a number of reasons that can lead to infertility in a woman, some of them are:
• Hormonal problems: This is the most common reasons that can cause infertility. Hormonal imbalances can result in malfunctioning of the hypothalamus, malfunctioning of the pituitary gland, and preventing the eggs to grow into a mature one.
• Damaged ovaries: Multiple surgeries or frequent occurring of cysts can often damage the ovary, which can result in under development of the follicle.
• Premature menopause: This is one of the rarest causes of infertility in women, where the person experience menopause at a normal age. The reason behind premature menopause is still unknown.
• Follicle problems: In this case, the follicle is unable to rupture properly, and it leads to unruptured follicle syndrome. The reason is still unknown.
So, does it mean that NuvaRing is completely safe to use, and anybody can use it? Well, most of the good things in this world come with some kind of negative aspects as well. So, you can expect some side effects of using NuvaRing. However, that does not mean that the contraceptive ring affects each and every woman.
Some of the NuvaRing side effects can be best described as:
• Temporary infertility – A lot of women ask can NuvaRing cause infertility. Well, yes; but only for a certain period of time. The infertility caused by the contraceptive ring is just temporary and not forever. The reason behind is the release of two hormones called as estrogen and progesterone. These two hormones are also present in any birth control pills, which are meant to prevent pregnancy. So, when you use the contraceptive ring or birth control pills, it prevents you from getting pregnant right away.
• Blood clot – Hormonal imbalance can give rise to blood clotting, which can cause a lot of trouble.
• Strokes and heart attack – NuvaRing can increase the chances of heart attack by blocking the flow of blood to your brain.
• High blood pressure and heart related disease – High blood pressure and diabetes are two side effects of using contraceptive ring.
• Liver tumor – Sometimes the ring can give rise of noncancerous tumor which can turn out to be quite dangerous.
• Other side effects – Vaginal infection, vaginal secretion, headache, nausea, and weight gain.